Sustainable Development Vision
Sustainable Facilities Vision
Carter Machinery’s Sustainable Development Vision establishes our intent to be recognized by customers, governments, funding agencies, and the public as a company working to make sustainable progress possible and operating in a manner consistent with pursuing sustainable development as a business. To that end, Carter Machinery designs and operates facilities in a manner that minimizes impact on the environment, yields life-cycle economic benefits, and demonstrates our commitment to sustainability.
Our Sustainability Principles
- Conserve energy and minimize the release of greenhouses gases
- Create more value with less impact on nature and natural resources
- Improve the quality of the indoor environment, thereby improving employee health, safety, creativity, productivity, and engagement
- Reduce pollution and harmful materials of all kinds
- Exercise integrity, teamwork, commitment, and excellence in pursuit of sustainable facilities.
Sustainable Facilities - New Facilities
The design of Carter Machinery’s new facilities includes sustainable features, where practical, that enable the facilities to be considered for certification under LEED® (U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards. The decision to obtain LEED® certification lies with the Executive Management team at Carter Machinery, Corporate EHS and Corporate Facilities Management.
Sustainable Facilities - Existing Facilities
Carter Machinery supports and promotes actions that reduce energy use, increase energy efficiency, and minimize adverse environmental impacts. To that end, Carter Machinery intends to apply LEED®-type standards as a framework for its existing facilities where practical. The decision to implement LEED® standards lies with the Executive Management team at Carter Machinery, in cooperation with Corporate EHS and Corporate Facilities Management.