Servicing All Makes & Models
Backed by the largest service technician workforce in Virginia – Carter Machinery repairs, rebuilds, and replaces hydraulic cylinders for earthmoving machines such as excavators, skid steers, dozers, backhoes, and more.
With the latest in tooling and more than 30 dedicated hydraulic technicians, we’re equipped to repair hydraulic cylinders for all makes and models.
Pumps, Motors, & Valves
We also service more than 55 manufacturers including Caterpillar, Rexroth, Hitachi, Case, Sauer-Danfoss, Sunstrand, Denison, Tyrone, Linde, Vickers, Volvo, Case, Kubota, and Komatsu.
Field & Shop Service Available
Regardless of your location throughout Virginia, Carter Machinery will work with you to service your machine at the nearest facility or dispatch a service technician to your location.
Carter Machinery’s parts distribution network can have most hydraulic cylinder parts available next day for Caterpillar and most manufacturers.
Caterpillar parts are available for purchase online at parts.cat.com.
Use the Form Below or Call 888.241.1637 to Schedule Service.
- Honing to 20 in. I.D. x 32 ft. length
- Lathe capacity to 40 in. O.D. and 35 ft. length
- Boring to 14 in I.D. and 100 in. length
- Centerless rod polishing to 14 in O.D.
- Straightening/pressing up to 200 tons
- Torquing to 60,000 ft. – lbs.
- Pressure testing for leaks and proper operation
- Welding of most materials and submerged arc welding for retubes and rerods
- Re-engineering of existing, obsolete or poorly designed cylinders
- Profilometer readings to measure surface roughness on chrome rods and barrel I.D.s
- Electronic thickness gauge readings to measure chrome thickness on rods
- Cylinder testing to 5,000 PSI
- Tube and rod stock inventory
- Custom-made seals
- And more
- Light honing/reseal/test
- Before and after failure repair
- OEM/reconditioned/exchange parts