Get on the Fast Track to a New Career as a Technician
Carter Machinery’s nationally recognized and fully accredited program provides individuals with a strong mechanical aptitude who are graduating high school or exiting the military with the tools necessary to begin a rewarding career as a construction equipment technician.
- High school graduates welcome to apply
- Approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs; Carter is certified to provide training and education to eligible veterans who are hired into the program.
- Approved by Virginia’s Department of Labor
- Apprentice employees receive 2,000 hours of on-the-job training and mentoring, plus 400 hours of classroom and online instruction.
- Carter connects with local students in grades 11-12 by working with Virginia vocational-technical schools to promote opportunities within the skilled trades industry.
In addition to receiving education, Carter apprentices get paid and receive full-time benefits – all without incurring education expenses. In just 15 months, they can become a certified technician.
Are you a Student or Making a Career Change?
There’s no substitute for a strong foundation. We recruit from a number of technical schools that provide thorough training curriculums designed to get you off to the right start.
- ATI (Advanced Technology Institute)
- Lincoln College of Technology (formerly Nashville Auto Diesel College)
- Ohio Technical College
- Rappahannock Community College – Bridging Communities
- Southside Virginia Community College
- Tidewater Community College
- UNOH (University of Northwestern Ohio)
- UTI (Universal Technical Institute)